The multidisciplinary approach of the programme is achieved through the following partnerships:
1. Panteion University of Athens represents an important expertise in humanitarian action, human rights and humanitarian law studies, but also in psychology, political economy, geopolitics, public and local administration studies. Through the European Centre of Research and Training on Human Rights and Humanitarian Action, a Research Centre of Panteion University, Department of International and European Studies, research activities on humanitarian action have been undertaken, the formation of a complete databases, and a monthly publication -bulletin (in Greek) on Human Rights and Humanitarian Action developments, with analysis of reports, case law and current crises.
Academic Responsible: Prof. Stelios Perrakis
Teachers: Assist. Prof. Maria-Daniella Marouda, Phd Candidates Eleni Koutsouraki, Panagiotis Ioannidis.
2. University of the Aegean will particularly contribute to EU governance and sociological analysis of humanitarian action and civil protection in the EU.
Academic Responsible: Prof. P. Grigoriou
3. University of Athens, Medical School, Postgraduate programme on 'International Medicine - Health Crisis Management' will contribute with the latest research from clinicians working in the field of global health, specialized courses on disaster medicine and will share the expertise of Professors and Doctors that have also worked on the field in Medicine du Monde and Medicines sans Frontiers missions all over the world.
Academic Responsible: As. Prof. Th. Rozenberg
Teachers: Dr. A. Terzides, Dr E. Kakkalou
4. Université Pierre Mendès-France, Grenoble, through the Centre d’Etudes sur la SécuritéInternationale et les CoopérationsEuropéennes (CESICE) will share their expertise in international law, as well as EU humanitarian policy, negotiation simulations, and humanitarian intervention in case of emergencies.
Academic Responsible: Prof. Th. Christakis, As. Prof. K. Bannelier
5. The University of Padova cooperates to the IP program through its Human Rights Centre. The Centre is among the most qualified in Italy in the area of human rights studies. Expertise provided to the CIPROHA IP program concerns the areas of general human rights international law; migration and asylum in Italy and the EU; inter-cultural dialogue in Europe and the Mediterranean region; multi-level governance of human rights issues; the human right to peace.
Academic Responsible: Prof. Paolo de Stefani
6. The University of Cyprus in Nicosia, a public institution of highest education, through its Department of Social and Political Sciences and the Jean Monnet Centre of Excellence supports a broad range of activities related to European Integration, including research, teaching and public debate. Some areas of special interest are the evolution of the European Union and the promotion of the dialogue between peoples and cultures. The UNESCO Chair on Gender Equality and Empowerment of the University of Cyprus functions as a centre of excellence for local development on gender empowerment and collaboration as well as the promotion of standard and indicators for gender mainstreaming. The University of Cyprus also belongs to E.I.U.C. Consortium of 41 Universities. Through the participation in European Master in Human Rights and Democratization establishes an interdisciplinary cooperation with other universities and institutions for the promotion of human rights and democratization.
Academic Responsible: Prof. Agapiou-Josephides, Kalliope
All the partners’ profiles guarantee an integrated approach to the issue “Civil protection and humanitarian action in the EU”. This approach respects completely the EU perspective.
Apart from our University Partners, we have selected Affiliated Partners from specialized bodies on civil protection, with a particular emphasis on capacity building of disaster prevention and preparedness.
These include the Civil Protection Unit of Peloponnese Prefecture (training on fire preparedness), and Officers from the Ministry of Culture, as well as volunteers from Medicines du Monde and Medicines sans Frontiers (experience from Haiti mission, as well as from missions all over Greece).